The Superintendent will recommend elementary school attendance areas to the Board of Education no later than the regularly scheduled August Board meeting of each school year. Students residing in specific attendance areas will attend the elementary school approved by the Board for that area. The Superintendent shall establish attendance areas for the elementary schools using the following criteria:
- Class Size
- Racial Distribution
- Efficiency of Transportaiton
- Academic Program
Exceptions to this policy are to be considered by the Superintendent only when a specific program not available in the specified school is available in another elementary school and a student is determined to be in need of such program; when racial balance is to be achieved; when the transfer of students is necessary to achieve reasonable balance of class loads; and when the student's physical health necessitates a specific school situation.
2020欧洲杯体育足球比分Since kindergarten is a half-day program, the Superintendent may consider exceptions to this policy when before-school and after-school child custody arrangements necessitate a different school. Such exceptions made shall not imply a commitment for school bus transportation.
Please click on this link to find your school:
- Kindergarten and pre-K students shall attend Evelyn I. Morris Early Childhood Center
- Students who live in the following areas shall attend Benjamin Banneker Elementary School:
- The western sector in the north begins at the intersection of US 113 and Rd. 409 and includes all area west of US 113 following the district boundary to the intersection of US 113 and Rd. 213 in the south.
- The City of Milford boundaries include:
- All on Business Rt. 1 to 10th Street.
- All of the area of the city directly west of Business Rt. 1 to Brady Drive and N.W. Front St. (Includes Haven Lake area, Shawnee Rd., all points west.)
- All on N.W. Front St. to South Washington St. and Front.
- All of the area directly west of the RR tracks on South Washington Street to a point at the intersection of McCoy Avenue and South Washington Street.
- Southeastern sector of the District:
- From the intersection of Rd. 213 and Rd. 211 to a point directly west to Rd. 213, all area west of Rd. 213 to Rd. 621 and US 113.
- From the intersection of US 113 and Rd. 207 to all points directly south on US 113 to Rd. 224.
- From the intersection of US 113 and Rd. 224, to all areas directly south and southwest sector; includes Rt. 16 west, south, and north of this Route (16).
- Students who live in the following areas shall attend the Lulu M. Ross Elementary School:
- North- Northeast sector - All area directly North, South and East of the Mispillion River from the point of Rd. 409 (New Wharf Rd.) & US 113. (Includes Woods Haven, New Wharf Rd.) The northern boundary is the natural northern district boundary line, the Murderkill River (includes Thompsonville, South Bowers, Spring Hill and Lynch Heights).
- The City of Milford boundaries.
- From the intersection of Business Rt. 1 and 10th Street East, all area directly east of this point including all of Business Rt. 1 and Brady Drive to N.W. Front Street.
- All the town area directly Southeast of N.W. Front Street to South Washington Street.
- All the area directly east of the RR tracks on South Washington St. to McCoy Avenue.
- All areas directly east from McCoy Avenue & South Washington St. intersection.
- South sector.
- From the intersection of Rd. 211 and Rd. 213; all areas directly east, and southeast of this point to the boundary line of the district. (Includes Cedar Neck, Slaughter Neck, Slaughter Beach, Eastman Heights, Marshall St., Marshall St. Ext., Lincoln City, Lincoln Village and Greentop.)
- From US 113 and Rd. 207 all points directly east and south to US 113 and Rt. 16. All of Rt. 16 east and north of Rt. 16 to the southeastern boundary lines of the district. Includes all of Rt. 16 east of US 113, New Market Village, Rd. 224.